Lesson 11: Development--What do we think it is?
Take-home point: There are many ideas about what "development" is, but mostly it needs to be distinguised from "growth," a not very useful yet ubiquitous concept.
- Review of readings and assignments.
- Class splits into groups of 2-3 to plan skits based on these ideas:
- a transformation of society
- increase in diversity, spin-offs, differentiation of production
- increase in quality or efficiency of production
- increase in freedom: political, economic, social, security, and trust
- Presentation of skits to class.