- Read Stiglitz, �Towards a New Paradigm for Development,� p. 5, �I. Development as a Transformation of Society,� first 3 paragraphs.
- Read Development as Freedom by Amartya Sen, pp. 13-17 and 38-41.
- Read Ellerman (on Jacobs), pp. 2-7, from �Recently, migration..." to "jostle together in cities.�
- Read Daly, Beyond Growth, pages 28 (the paragraph starting "There is much confusion..."), 69, and 166-167, paying particular attention to the contrast between development and growth.
- Find an article related to development, preferably also related to your country or region.
- Bonus blog piece: A short post by Bill Easterly about development "buzzwords".